An estimated 1,600 Veterans die each day in the United States. Most served in World War II, Korea, and Vietnam. America’s Veterans have made many sacrifices to serve our country. RoseRock Healthcare believes that each one deserves a “Hero’s Farewell.”
RoseRock Healthcare is a partner in the “We Honor Veterans” program, a national effort to improve healthcare services to Veterans at the end-of-life. RoseRock has earned the program’s “4-Star” rank, the highest certification offered to healthcare providers. The training that RoseRock team members have undertaken enhances our ability to serve Veterans and to help them access other community services that they are eligible to receive.
The RoseRock Commitment
Our commitment to Veterans is a significant one:
- Every member of the RoseRock hospice team has been trained to identify and understand the unique needs of Veterans at the end-of-life.
- We know how to address the “unfinished business” that some Veterans bring with them including:
- Feelings of remorse, anger, and despair
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Grief and loss, and
- The need to forgive and to be forgiven.
- We have expertise in assisting Veterans in identifying the military benefits they may be entitled to at the end-of-life.
- RoseRock routinely finds ways to acknowledge the contributions of our Veterans and to tangibly honor Veterans at the end-of-life.
The Veterans Benefits You Deserve
Many honorably discharged Veterans are not accessing the benefits they deserve. Sometimes, Veterans don’t even know such benefits exist. We can help Veterans identify the benefits that may be available to them at the end of life, including burial benefits. Under certain circumstances, Veterans may also be entitled to pensions or other support for low-income surviving spouses and dependents.
Although RoseRock can help you learn about Veterans benefits that could be available to you, you may also explore available benefits by visiting the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Hospice for Veterans
Medicare and many other insurance providers cover the cost of hospice care. For Medicare patients, there are no out-of-pocket costs.
Veterans who are enrolled in the Veteran Health System are also eligible for hospice care as part of the basic package of benefits. There are no copays for hospice care.
Our insurance advisors will gladly help you with your questions. Call us today at 918-236-4866 for more information.
Vet-to-Vet Volunteer Program
The Vet-to-Vet Volunteer Program pairs Veteran Volunteers with hospice patients who are Veterans. Veteran Volunteers have the unique ability to relate and connect with Veteran patients and their families. If you are a Veteran, with an interest in helping other Veterans, give us a call.