RoseRock Healthcare has been designated a provider of hospice care for beneficiaries of the Oklahoma ADvantage waiver program. The ADvantage waiver program provides Medicaid services to help people stay at home instead of going to a nursing home. Under this program, ADvantage beneficiaries will be able to access the full range of RoseRock hospice services.
Qualifying for RoseRock under ADvantage Hospice
ADvantage services are available to frail elderly individuals as well as adults with physical disabilities, age 21 and over, who do not have a developmental disability. To qualify for the ADvantage waiver program, the Oklahoma resident must meet the following criteria:
- Must qualify financially for SoonerCare.
- Be 65 years of age or be a disabled adult as determined by the Social Security Administration.
- Be determined to meet the Nursing Facility institutional level of care by nursing staff of Aging Services Division.
- Not have a developmental disability.
- Reside in his or her own home or family member’s home.
- Have needs that can be safely met with waiver services and family or community supports.
To qualify for hospice services, the beneficiary must suffer from a terminal illness that medical intervention cannot cure. Hospice care focuses on providing physical and emotional comfort and wellbeing.
RoseRock Supports Care at Home
RoseRock hospice provides care to the terminally ill, wherever they live.
“The ADvantage waiver is intended to help the elderly remain at home,” said RoseRock Administrator Audrey McCraw, LCSW. “The saying ‘there is no place like home’ never rings more true than when you are sick or don’t feel good. Our goal at RoseRock is to care for people in their own environment where they are most comfortable. We believe that RoseRock hospice care, delivered in the home, is an ideal addition to the panel of available ADvantage services. As a licensed clinical social worker, I see many occasions when remaining in a familiar home greatly enhances a patient’s experience at the end of life. We are extremely proud that RoseRock has become a provider of ADvantage hospice care.”