RoseRock is honoring veterans, as we approach Veterans Day, by sponsoring a “Missing Man Table” at area assisted living residences and long term care facilities. The Missing Man Table is a place of honor set up to remember those in military service who failed to return from combat. RoseRock humbly dedicates these tables to our military veterans and to those now serving in the Armed Forces whose sacrifices we honor.
- The table is small, and set for one symbolizing the vulnerability of a lone prisoner against his captors.
- The tablecloth is white symbolizing the purity of intention in responding to the nation’s call to arms.
- The chair is empty because the fallen comrade is not here.
- The wine glass is inverted because he or she cannot toast with us this night.
- The slices of lemon remind us of their bitter